20 Jul Recipe of the Month: Mexican Beef and Cheese Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup jarred chunky salsa, any variety
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 10 wedges for serving
- In medium skillet, brown ground beef; drain excess oil and set aside.
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl combine black beans through salsa, mix until well combined. Add in cilantro, remaining spices, ground beef and farro. Pour mixture into 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and cilantro. Bake at 350˚ for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand for approximately 5 minutes. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
For more health-conscious, crowd-pleasing dishes perfect for outdoor gatherings, check out our scrumptious Guilt-Free Grill-Out recipes for Turkey Slider Burgers, Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Rollups and Cowboy Caviar.
We are committed to providing individualized care and vow to treat each patient with compassion and respect, never turning anyone away. Our physicians are fellowship-trained pain specialists who utilize a combination of interventional procedures and medication management services to tailor a personalized care plan for each patient’s long-term pain relief.