13 Apr Guilt-Free Grill-Out Recipes
- 1-pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers
- 8 water rolls
- Combine ground turkey, chopped onion, mint, salt & pepper, softened cream cheese, and garlic.
- Form 8 patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of pepperoncini peppers, serve on water rolls
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and the cheddar cheese
- Toss in chicken with ½ cup buffalo wings sauce.
- Lay tortilla out on a plate and spread an even layer of chicken and cheese mixture all the way to the edges (about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture).
- Roll up tortilla tightly and place on a plate and then repeat until all the ingredients have been used
- Pop into the fridge to chill for 2 hours
- Slice each rolled tortilla off the ends and set aside.
- *Make sure your tortillas are at room temperature before you roll them so they are nice and flexible.
- *Smaller tortillas may be used. However, you will need to adjust the amount of chicken and cheese mixture you add to each tortilla.
(Source: Sugar Apron)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, chili powder, and salt
- Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion and bell pepper. Stir to combine
- Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight to blend flavors. Serve chilled or at room temperature with whole wheat tortilla chips or crackers.
Tip: add in diced avocado just before serving to add in health fats and make the texture creamier.
(Source: Culinary Hill)
We are committed to providing holistic, individualized care and vow to treat each patient with compassion and respect, never turning anyone away. Our physicians are fellowship-trained pain specialists who utilize a combination of interventional procedures and medication management services to tailor a personalized care plan for each patient’s long-term pain relief.