13 Apr Guilt-Free Grill-Out Recipes
Posted at 17:45h in NUTRITION & WELLNESS
- 1-pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers
- 8 water rolls
- Combine ground turkey, chopped onion, mint, salt & pepper, softened cream cheese, and garlic.
- Form 8 patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of pepperoncini peppers, serve on water rolls
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Rollups
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and the cheddar cheese
- Toss in chicken with ½ cup buffalo wings sauce.
- Lay tortilla out on a plate and spread an even layer of chicken and cheese mixture all the way to the edges (about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture).
- Roll up tortilla tightly and place on a plate and then repeat until all the ingredients have been used
- Pop into the fridge to chill for 2 hours
- Slice each rolled tortilla off the ends and set aside.
- *Make sure your tortillas are at room temperature before you roll them so they are nice and flexible.
- *Smaller tortillas may be used. However, you will need to adjust the amount of chicken and cheese mixture you add to each tortilla.
(Source: Sugar Apron)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, chili powder, and salt
- Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion and bell pepper. Stir to combine
- Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight to blend flavors. Serve chilled or at room temperature with whole wheat tortilla chips or crackers.
Tip: add in diced avocado just before serving to add in health fats and make the texture creamier.
(Source: Culinary Hill)
For more information on The Pain Management Group, please visit thepainmanagementgroup.com or schedule an appointment at one of our locations throughout Middle Tennessee.
We are committed to providing holistic, individualized care and vow to treat each patient with compassion and respect, never turning anyone away. Our physicians are fellowship-trained pain specialists who utilize a combination of interventional procedures and medication management services to tailor a personalized care plan for each patient’s long-term pain relief.